Thursday, June 3, 2010

A Sketchy Card Swap



I am in the middle of a new project for the "In This House and Garden" Yahoo group. The idea is simple enough. Pick a card from a deck of playing cards and "sketch" a design for said card. This project was WAY out of my comfort zone. I am not exactly comfortable with drawing and sketching. I can't even get my stick figures to resemble anything close to stick figures. But I dove right in and gave it my best (?) effort. The size is small 1.75 by 3.5 and will be attached to a deck of cards. Each artist will do one or two cards and then make 54 copies to be divided and mailed out to each participant. Very cool, I end up with 54 amazing little works of art!


First I tried a Zentangle. Not crazy about it but I'll hang onto it anyway. Not sending this one in.




This is my version of the seven of hearts. I like this one much better. Simple and sweet.



This is my piece for the four of diamonds. I went back into my comfort zone and stamped away. I changed the bodies of the butterflies into diamond shapes. I think that this is a keeper. Like I said, this was out of my comfort zone, but a good exercise working in a new (for me) format.



4 comments:

  1. great idea...love them, they are so cute!!!!i am having a giveaway if you are inerested...take care!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello joyce yeah its ok to download my jellyfish photo..its only my artworks that I dont like people downloading not my photos. Like your zentangle drawings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Joyce,
    I love the one with the butterfly. I just got back from Vermont to visit my mom and off to a wedding this afternoon. Are you in Design class next week? I am signed up. Hope you are having a lovely weekend. Talk to you soon.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joyce,
    This is great!!! And do you have a time machine ? I am so impressed that you take part in so many interesting collaborative projects?

    ReplyDelete