Friday, February 18, 2011

For Cora With Love, Nana


   We have a new grandchild on the way. Our little Cora is due the middle of March and we are very excited.  My artwork has been set aside to make time for all things baby.




   I made this Moses basket a couple of years ago after, what I thought would be my last, grandchild was born. I figured that it was safe to finally make one for myself. Now I am passing it on to our new little love. It will be filled with all kinds of baby goodies.




    The quilt is made up of new and vintage chenilles some from as far away as Australia. I love making baby quilts from chenille. Babies love all the different textures. Of course by the time it was is finished there was a blizzard of tiny chenille fragments everywhere.



    This was a pattern I had never tried before. Very simple but if you lose count you could end up with a big mess. The photo doesn't do it justice. The yarn has tiny little sparkles running through it. Every girl needs a little bling no matter how new she is.



   My friend Nancy introduced me to this adorable crochet pattern. It is so simple but looks so complicated. Very delicate and so sweet, perfect for our newest sweetheart. Everything will now be wrapped and put in the basket along with all the million outfits and baby must haves that I have been picking up for the last few months. Can't wait to meet our sweet baby Cora.



8 comments:

  1. Gosh Joyce! This is all fantastic! You are so talented.

    I want to interview you some day for my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joyce these are so lovely. Your daughter-in-law is going to be thrilled over the moon. Such a lovely honeymoon stage of motherhood. You are so blessed to have so many lovely grandchildren.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything is gorgeous, but my most fav is that baby afghan. You are uber talented!!! Baby Cora is sure to adore all of these wonderful goodies her Gram made for her. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love your baby gifts they will be treasured..I still have a baby blanket that was crocheted for my 2nd son. Hope you grandaughter who was attacked by the dog is ok

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovelies for a new granddaughter. The quilt looks scrumptious. I love chenille, too. I know that those are things that she can treasure as keepsakes as she grows up. Lucky little one!

    Blessings,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the newest Grandbaby... creating things for our Grandchildren is such a Joy isn't it! Those OOAK hand-made gifts often become cherished heirlooms.

    Dawn... The Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness! You are so talented! And congratulations on your newest one to spoil ;) That baby will look so stunning in her moses basket and blankets and with what has to be the cutest little sweater ever! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for your sweet message :) It means a lot! Is baby Cora here yet? Is she an early bird? xoox

    ReplyDelete