Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Nana's Pick of the Week



This week I am going to spotlight one of my favorite things. For the past ten months I have been lucky to belong to a wonderful group of creative artists who get together every four weeks or so to learn artful techniques at my favorite place. The class is called "Creativity Bootcamp". We meet in Westford at the fabulous "Ink About It". The classes are taught by the amazing Ursula Smith and the inspiring Karen Provost. It is a combination of creative learning and art therapy. I don't know how I ever lived without it.





These photos are of the tags that I made for our Art Allies swap. Artwork is randomly sent to artists on the list. It's always wonderful receiving artful surprises in your mailbox. It's a lovely way to start the day.





This was made for fellow camper Amisha. It was inspired from a class I took with Tim Holtz.



I've been asked about what I'm working on in the first photo in this blog. I was sanding embossed metal to bring out the aluminum for the covers for a book I am working on. This was also from a Tim Holtz class.




This last photo is of me and one of our bootcamp commanders Karen. Thanks to Karen and Ursula for forcing me to let go and embrace the inner "weirdo".












5 comments:

  1. These are all wonderful Joyce. I especially love that first one. Karen is such an inspiration, I think she single handed taught me all about altered art. I love creative mail, and Karen is the master.

    So glad that your Grand daughter liked the Halloween witch. Sarah was her age when I painted it. I have another surprise for her that I am working on too.

    Check your mailbox, I sent you your artwork from last class, and did some variations for you. The purple came out perfectly.

    Have a great day. I am working on some Antique graphics tonight. I am Photoshop obsessed. I love all of your creations, and I really love this music.

    Have a great evening.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joyce
    Welcome to the world of blogging. You are going to meet some amazing people and make some very good friends. I love the idea of a creative bootcamp!
    Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome! I love your artwork. What fun to go to bootcamp. Have a wonderful day.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Joyce
    I came over from Karen's blog to say hello. I saw so many interesting links on your sidebar. I'm not an artist but I admire all creativity and I love to learn the processes. I was a big Carol Duvall fan ..lol
    Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my present Joyce! I might ask you to make me some more!!!

    Cheers,
    Amisha

    ReplyDelete